The Darkness Between Stars
Story points allow a player to make a narrative suggestion or change to current events of the game. At their heart they are not mechanical nor do they change the known status quo but can change that quo with their effects. For example an existing hostile group may not suddenly befriend the party, but a Story Point may grant the party an opportunity to do so.
- A Story Point should be only a single sentence in length.
- A Story Point may not affect a die roll or be used in the place of a die roll. Nor do they reverse effects or actions taken place during normal play.
- Another player may spend a Story Point to change or veto another Story Point.
- All characters begin with 1 Story Point.
- Using a Story Point is a free action.
- A character killed by events triggered by a Story Point gain 1 a Story Point for their next character. Allowing the new character to start with two points.
- The DM is allowed to ask players to spend Story Points to avoid/survive some events and situations of dire nature. This usually involves the players experiencing a Save Vs Total Death.
- No character may have more then 1 Story Point at a time.
- DM may elect to Save Vs. Story Point once per session.
- A Story Point that is saved against, changed, used, or vetoed may not be repeated for remainer of campaign.
- You gain a Story Point every even level.