The Darkness Between Stars
Save Vs Total Death
The DM may, in dire situation caused by player agency, rule for a Save Vs. Total Death.
- Players make a saving throw.
- Players may spend a Story Points to add +2 to this saving throw.
- Other saving throw modifiers do not apply to this roll.
- Player must narrate how they escape their doom or how they meet their doom.
- Failed saving throw results in character rolling 2d10 (heroic tier) to determine the amount of Healing Surges lost. Any number of surges remaining from this roll after their pool of existing Healing Surges result in losing hit points equal to the surge value of those surges. A max roll on healing surge lost equals instant death.
- All survivors have 1 hit point after the ordeal and regain all their Healing Surges after a short rest and may use them to regain hit points.